Thursday, October 22, 2009

Luke's Frist Day of "Big Boy" Class


Monday October 19 Luke began in the "big boy" class at daycare, or what we call school. Big boy class is for those children that are 1 to 1 1/2. As a mother I was scared and worried. I dropped him off and Luke clung to my shirt, not so sure about his new room. I walked out the door and my heart broke. Would he be ok? Will he do ok eating table food? Will he drink his milk? What about nap, they don't rock them and they sleep on mats?


The day went on forever...At 4:30 I couldn't take it anymore, I had to leave and go get my baby, I mean my big boy. I walked in the room and there he sat playing in the floor and attempting to stand up without "pulling up". When he turned around I laughed harder than I had in a long time. Luke was covered in pizza sauce! The teachers said Luke did wonderful! He ate waffles and cereal for breakfast (surprising since he ate breakfast before we left the house), pizza (obviously from his outfit), corn & fruit for lunch, and crackers with juice for snack. The most surprising thing is he laid down on his mat and slept for the entire 2 hours! What!? Who is this kid and why doesn't he eat or take naps like this at home!?


It's bittersweet but now the first year is coming to an end and Brad & I have a Big Boy! I am so amazed at the accomplishments he's made in the first year and I am so proud of him. Life as a parent is totally amazing and I am ready for the rest of our journey to begin!
Note: The picture was taken after we got home, hope you can see all the pizza sauce on his shirt.